Pages

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Purple Pen Pot

I finally got my own classroom after fitting my classes where ever there was a gap for the last four months. I started setting things up and then realised that I have no where to put my pens. I have decided to make myself a few pen pots. This is the first.


I have used a hot drink carton, white card, grunge paper, brads, crispy ribbon and charms. The white card has been embossed and coloured with Dusty Concord distress ink, which I have sprayed with water to add to the distressed look. I attached the card using Double sided tape, but decided that I didn't trust it to stay so I added the brads to keep everything together.


The flower was made using grunge paper which I coloured using Fired Brick Distress ink. I then stamped the dots using black ink and added glitter to the dots and attached the whole thing to the carton using another brad.

The hand charm says hand made and I just had to add the bear charm.
The idea to do distressing came from this weeks challenge at Ooh la la creations and I am also entering it for the challenge at A spoonful of Sugar who said "Anything goes"



2 comments:

  1. You've certainly got a stunning piece of art here. Love it and useful too. Glad you could join us at OLL. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea and so pretty you have a lovely blog so pleased you found us
    and decided to join in at Ooh la la challenge
    this week perhaps we will see you again
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...