Pages

Monday 24 May 2010

Glamour in red

Long time no blog. College is out of the way, so hopefully I will be able to get more crafting done.

I love working with acetate, so finding glitter embossed actetate by Kanban required me to sit down for a minute ;-). I spent the train ride home working out what I was going to do with my new buy. I'm ashamed to say that no one got much attention from me for a good hour after I got home from work tonight. Sorry boys x.


I had to adjust the card a bit from the original idea as I got home to find out that I had run out of black eyelets. (More craft shopping needed..... oh the pain he he he).


I started with coordinations cardstock which is black on one side and red on the other. Perfect for this make. I have left a one inch over hang to attach the acetate to. the acetate is held in place with two red eyelets and a ribbon. the charm was taken from a necklace which I mentioned in an earlier post.

The sentiment has been attached with foam pads so that it stands proud and I have added an extra piece of red card on the inside to cover up the pads.

I am entering this card for the following challenges:
Die cut dreams - Words only, No stamped images
CRAFT Challenge - Birthday / Celebration
Ooh La La - Bright and cheerful

7 comments:

  1. Great card, thank you for joining us in our blogaversary challenge and good luck!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is truly beautiful very dramatic thank you so much for sharing it with us at ooh la la this week
    Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing along at C.R.A.F.T. in our special Birthday/Celebration challenge!Lovely project - Good luck in the draw....Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a gorgeous project! Thank you so much for entering the DCD challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thankyou for joining us at c.r.a.f.t. for our birthday week
    andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is so beautiful - I love it, well worth ignoring everyone whilst you made it!

    Thanks for joining in at Die Cut Dreams this week
    Hugs
    Victoria
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beatiful creation Naomi, loving the rich red and your wonderful sentiment.
    Thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...