Pages

Friday 15 April 2011

Evolution

I've called this one Evolution, because I started off with a piece of white card and four distress ink pads and waited to see what evolved :o)


I started by covering my white card in Mustard Seed distress ink and then went over that, in parts, with Dried Marigold.  I then finished off with a lot of Spiced Marmalade and a little Fired Brick around the edges.  The Dots and Best wishes were stamped using Fired brick and then I dusted the whole thing with iridescent embossing powder.  Now I never got the hang of embossing and this is the first time I have tried using the powder like this (the pots have been in the drawer for years), but I love the shiny effect it has given.


 The die cut was coloured using Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and a little Fired Brick.  I then stamped with fired brick and played with the embossing powder again.  I have seen fake stitching on other peoples card and love the way that it looks so I have used my pokey tool (I don't know the real name for it)  to make  the holes.

I loved making this butterfly.  It was a white die cut to begin with, so I started with Dried marigold dabbed on to both sides, which I sprayed with a little water and dried using my heat gun.  I use make up sponges with my distress inks as I don't have the proper tool yet.  I did the same with a layer of Fired brick and finished with a little Mustard seed.  I have again stamped with Fired brick.  I did the same with my flower too.


I'm not entirely sure why I did what I did with the ribbon, but it seemed right at the time :O).  I love 3D elements on a card and get them in when ever I can.  I couldn't resist adding the buttons.

I will be entering this card for the challenges at My Time To Craft - On the spot and Papertake Weekly - Truely dimentional

3 comments:

  1. Lovely! The marigold, marmalade and mustard inks are amongst my favourite colours. I also use make up sponges instead of cut n dry foam, I find I can handle them better and don't overload them as much.
    Your ribbon sits really well too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Naomi! I too love the butterfly and the colors are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of the detail on your butterflies. Just perfect for our "Spot On" challenge this week at My Time To Craft".

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...