Pages

Saturday 7 May 2011

Box of Roses

This is my second attempt at one of these trinket boxes.  I have to admit that I have been looking for more in other shapes, because they are so satisfying to make.  Here are a couple of  before shots.


I stared buy DS taping the natural cotton lace around the top edge and then I used my hot glue gun sparingly around the top so that the top of the lace would create a nice soft edge and cover the wood a little.


I wanted some height in the middle, so I have padded the top with a bit of make up sponge and then  I went a little crazy with the flowers.  I have used the last of the pearl beads from my broken bracelet on this one (I have a feeling that another one may get broken soon) and have dotted them about to cover the gaps between flowers.


To finish off, I added some deep purple lace that I have had forever and lilac flat backed pearls.   I think that I need to invest in some glimmer mist as I think that a bit of a gold sheen would have finished this one off nicely.

I am entering my box in the following challenges:

Charisma Cardz Challenges - No cards allowed
Papertake Weekly - Anything goes - My pearls are round
Craft your passion - Anything goes
Fab n Funky - Put those papers away - No patterned papers

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful heart box, Naomi. Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly Challenge.
    hugs Ula

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous yourself and have browsed all your work and you are just like me and love those flowers great work
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is gorgeous, it looks like so much work! (I must admit I'm a lazy crafter!) Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great project, thanks for joining us at Charisma.
    Sally.x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...