Pages

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thank you shaker

I haven't made a shaker card in ages.  I recently found what I call shaker domes in a crafting shop, so I had to have a go.  My first bit of inspiration came from this weeks challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, who asked us to use apricot, bling and a cute critter.


I had apricot card, but it looked so plain that I stamped a flourish design using fired brick distress ink.  I cut a frame to go around the shaker dome.  I have stamped a Penny Black image on to a white card blank and then I added some sprinkles and attached the dome with its frame.

Got to have flowers :-)  I've added just a few and some natural cotton lace, some tiny red gems and the thank you peel off is attached  to the dome.

In addition to entering this card for the challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, I will also be entering it for the "shaker card" challenge at The Crafty Pad and the "use a frame" challenge at Allsorts Challenge blog

8 comments:

  1. What a sweet image! Love all the different elements you've used in your shaker!
    Thanks for playing at The crafty Pad this week!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely interpretation of our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday this week. Sorry Mr Linky was misbehaving and thank you and these sweet little mice for playing along. Hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is such a sweet card!! Love the pretty colours and lovely details! Hugs and Sunshine!/Sari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card love the shaker dome and the sweet image...

    Thanks so much for playing in this weeks 'frame it' challenge at Allsorts...

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. The dome is great. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh qu'elle est chou, ce papier est vraiment superbe, biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is such a lovely creation Naomi! Thank you so much for entering Allsorts with this and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...