Pages

Tuesday 27 September 2011

Bound in Orange

If you have been to my blog before, you may have seen a binder that I altered called Bound in Blue.  I made it to give my acrylic stamps a home and soon realised that I needed more.  I had to buy another two binders in fact.

Sorry.  Lots of pictures again.  I have started documenting how I make things. What works and what doesn't.  It means that I take a massive load of pictures of each project.  This is just a sample.



I got these chip board letters as part of a scrapbooking kit that I used to subscribe to.  They have never fitted in with a project I was making so they have been in my stash for about 5 years or so.  It suddenly occurred to me that they didn't need to stay this colour, so I inked and embossed them.


Voila, new letters that I can use.


My background paper was crated using mustard seed, dried marigold, spiced marmalade, rusty hinge and fired brick distress inks.  I have stamped and embossed a rose and a gate and fence along the bottom.  I have decorated a couple of the letters with mosaic mirror tiles.  First time I have used them and they turned out to be easy to use.


I bought this pair of earrings for a pond.  they are pretty long and I liked the tassels.  I've never worn them as they were bought specifically for my crafting projects.  Since I started using jewellery in crafting I have problems not seeing component parts that I can use in cards.  It's no longer just some thing to wear, I look at bits  more as what I can make out of them.  It's great.


I removed the hook from the earring and have hot glued the whole thing to my binder.  I'm quite pleased with how this turned out, as I had no plan for how it would look when I started it.  I just sort of played.


I am entering this binder for the following challenges:-

Crafty Cats Weekly Challenge - Autumn
Just Us Girls - Fall 3D project
Sparkles Forum Challenges - Something that sparkles - I have used a number of gems on this.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi, This is a stunning creation. I just love it. Thanks for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is a beautiful altered binder! Love the colors all so wonderful for fall. Thanks for playing along with JUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous binder lots of lovely sparkles thank you for joining us at Sparkles Challenges hope you will join again soon, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. super idée, merci de les partager, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Naomi
    A gorgeous and beautiful creation thankyou for sharing this with us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a clever crafter you are! I love the refurbished letters and using the tassel from the earring is so cool! Love your binder! I wish all my stamps would fit in there...I need about 100! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, wow! This is just fabulous! And using jewelry on craft projects?! Ingenious! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...