Pages

Saturday 12 November 2011

Flutteby Red

It has been a week or two since my last post as life has taken over my little bit of crafty time.  Luckily, I have been able to do a bit over the last two days.  I have a list of Christmas cards that I am making  along with presents for family members.  There just are not enough crafting hours in the day.  This little wooden box was made for fun, so no pressure :-)


I love doing these trinket boxes.  Exploring the possibilities of what I can do with them and what new techniques I can try.


This one is hand stamped using tea dye distress ink on the top and the tag.  I bought the fairy writing stamp a while a go for a project that I haven't gotten around to starting yet, so this is the first time I have used it.  I have also used the tea dye ink around the sides to add colour and heat set it.  The butterflies are embossed with gold embossing powder and I have added some 2mm gems.  This is the first time that I have tried using a tag on one of my trinket boxes and I am very pleased with the result.

I am entering my box  for the following challenges:-

Craft Your Passion - Anything goes + Brown
Kaboodle Doodles - Fall colours
The Crazy Challenge - Something with wings


4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous project.Thanks for sharing with us at Craft your Passion this week.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is stunning and would make such a lovely gift for someone. Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion Challenges. Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work, so fresh flowers, i think the ribbon work would look on this more beautiful than the lace.

    Plastic VIP cards
    Plastic Card Printing

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. They are much appreciated. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...